The ICAPS 04 Organizing Committee invites proposals for the
Workshop Program of the 2004 International Conference on Automated
Planning and Scheduling. ICAPSí04 will be held in Whistler, B.C.,
Canada; information about the conference can be found at
The workshops are intended to provide a forum for people to discuss
issues with a selected focus. To foster interaction, the workshops
will be limited to 25-50 invited participants. The day-long workshops
will be held concurrently on Friday, June 4. Workshop registration
will be free to ICAPS 04 participants.
We solicit proposals in all areas related to AI Planning and Scheduling.
Proposers are specifically encouraged to consider workshops focused on new
and emerging technical ideas, applications of AI planning and scheduling
technologies, and interdisciplinary topics.
Workshop proposals should include:
- A description of the workshop topic. The workshop should focus on
specific issues or themes rather than broad, general topics.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of interest at this time,
and why this topic is not adequately addressed by other meetings or
- A brief description of the proposed workshop format. Formats should
maximize opportunities for discussion and interaction, and should seek to
involve all workshop participants. Innovative approaches to fostering
interaction are encouraged.
- Names and full contact information for the organizing committee, plus
short descriptions of their relevant expertise. Community involvement and a
previous track record in workshop organization by the membership of the
organizing committee will be considered during evaluation of the proposal.
- A list of potential attendees.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for:
- Producing a Call for Participation (CFP), due October 21, 2003. The CFP
will be placed on the ICAPS web site. Workshop organizers will be
responsible for additional publicity such as distributing the CFP to
relevant newsgroups and electronic mailing lists, and especially to
potential audiences outside of the ICAPS community.
- Reviewing submissions and issuing invitations to participate in the
workshop. Submissions should be received by February 17, 2004, and
notification to authors sent by March 16, 2004.
- Formulating the detailed technical program for the workshop.
- Assembling camera-ready copy for the workshop proceedings by March 30, 2004.
Workshop proposals must be received no later than September 16, 2003. Plain
text or PDF submissions are preferred. Organizers will be notified, by
email, of the acceptance or rejection of their proposals by October 14,
2003. Submissions should be sent via email to the ICAPSí04 Workshop chairs: